Total US wireless connections stood at 445.88 million at end-4Q17, up from 438.19 million at end-3Q17 and 431.94 million at end-2Q17.
- AT&T and T-Mobile, with their strong sub-brands Cricket and Metro PCS, continue to compete for prepaid market share gains.
- Free handsets continue to be a tool to draw in new prepaid customers.
- Both Metro PCS and FreedomPop have significantly expanded their brick-and-mortar retail presence.
Features and Benefits
- Compares total, postpaid, and prepaid subscriber and market share trends by operator year over year.
- Details US operator KPIs and major activities in the quarter relating to prepaid.
Key questions answered
- What is the customer segment mix by US operator in 3Q17 and 4Q17?
- How do prepaid churn rates in 3Q17 and 4Q17 compare?
- What are the key BYOD developments?
Table of contents
Download 1: US Prepaid Update, March 2018