CableLabs recently announced the 10G Platform, a marketing campaign aimed at US cable operators as they make next-gen network plans.
- Minimal upstream bandwidth for residential broadband consumers is becoming a threat to cable companies and their position in the marketplace.
Features and Benefits
- Evaluates the current state of bandwidth demand in the US and the present network problems US cable operators are facing.
- Assesses the business opportunities become available to operators in relation to forthcoming consumer applications.
Key questions answered
- What is driving or not driving the need for 10G cable networks?
- What are examples of business opportunities related to upstream-heavy consumer applications?
- What are examples of forthcoming upstream-heavy consumer applications?
Table of contents
Huge hype for 10G, but 1G take-up rates remain lackluster
Next-gen consumer applications rely on both downstream and upstream bandwidth capacity
US cable operators need to focus on increasing upstream offerings