Ovum examines the results of a survey in Australia of the challenges and benefits of cloud computing.
- Data protection and availability and data management are seen as two separate capabilities in Australia.
Features and Benefits
- Understand what is driving cloud adoption in Australia.
- Learn why in Australia data governance is a restraining force when it comes to data management transformation.
Key questions answered
- What is driving cloud adoption in Australia?
- What are the biggest obstacles to faster adoption of cloud computing in Australia?
Table of contents
Recommendations for enterprises
Recommendations for vendors
Data protection and availability and data management are considered separate capabilities
The ability to ensure compliance is the most important business capability in data protection and availability
Australian organizations believe data management is the way to obtain greater value from corporate data
IT transformation is all about the people aspects
Skills not resources are the biggest restraining force
Data governance is a restraining force when it comes to data management transformation
A combination of too much unstructured data and strict governance represents a dilemma for Australian CIOs
About the survey