This report, together with Ovum's TV Technology Announcements Tracker: 1Q19, provides an analysis of the current trends driven by vendors and operators in the TV tech segment. These trends define innovation within the TV and online space.
- Activity in the TV technology space in 4Q18 slowed as it was sandwiched between two tech conferences: IBC in September and CES in January. However, 4Q18 saw a record number of deals announced for the Latin America region, totaling seven.
- There were 24 OTT-related announcements, taking the total number of news announcements for the year within the OTT space to 129.
- Android TV announcements reached a total of 28 for the same period, making 2018 the busiest year for Google's popular middleware platform.
Features and Benefits
- Understand the new emerging tech trends in the TV and consumer technology industry.
- Evaluate the latest trends in OTT, 4K, and Android TV.
Key questions answered
- How many Android TV announcements were made in 2018?
- What competition exists for operators to choose against adopting Google's Android TV Play Store?
Table of contents
Download 1: TV Technology Announcements Tracker: 1Q19 Highlights