Norwegian authors' society TONO has reported a record year for both collections and distributions.
- After a disappointing 2016 that failed to repeat the record-breaking year of 2015, total receipts in 2017 were boosted by growth in all the main collection sources. Digital registered the highest year-on-year increase, but there were notable rises in collections from broadcast retransmission, live concerts, cinema, and overseas.
Features and Benefits
- Details royalty collections for 2017 by the Norwegian authors' society TONO.
- Splits revenues by source. and discusses TONO's opinion of the new copyright bill making its way through the Norwegian parliament.
- Discusses TONO's opinion of the new copyright bill making its way through the Norwegian parliament.
Key questions answered
- What is the biggest revenue source for authors and publishers in Norway?
- What was behind the big rise in overseas collections for TONO in 2017?
Table of contents
Big return to growth for TONO
Broadcasting leads domestic collections
Live concert growth and a boom in overseas collections