UK music retail chain HMV called in the administrators at the end of last year, citing poor sales over the Christmas period.
- Bricks-and-mortar retailing in the UK suffered from some big store closures last year. According to the Centre for Retail Research, a total of 43 retailers "failed" in 2018.
Features and Benefits
- Details the problems for HMV, which called in the administrators at the end of 2018.
- Explains why the days of bricks-and-mortar retailing in the UK have been numbered for several years.
Key questions answered
- What has gone wrong for music retail chain HMV?
- Who is in the frame to buy the troubled retail chain?
Table of contents
Troubling times for the UK's last big music retail chain
Administrators called in for second time in six years
Recorded-music business runs on profit and not sentiment