This report identifies the challenges that CSPs will encounter as they rollout 5G networks, the role that AI can play in addressing these challenges and how CSPs can prepare themselves to take advantage of AI to improve their 5G networks
- 5G will come with many benefits to CSPs but this will be tempered by the challenges of managing an increasingly complex network environment.
- AI’s real-time, predictive, and decision-making capabilities can be applied to address these challenges, (e.g., to detect and analyze trends within the massive volumes of data generated by the 5G network).
- CSPs should build the right data strategy, infrastructure, processes, and skills to take advantage of the opportunities that AI will bring to 5G networks.
Features and Benefits
- Assesses the challenges that CSPs will expect when managing 5G networks.
- Highlights use cases where AI can be implemented to address these challenges.
- Analyzes critical factors that must be considered when deploying AI to manage 5G networks.
Key questions answered
- What challenges should CSPs expect when deploying 5G networks?
- Can AI address these challenges?
- What do CSPs need to bear in mind when considering investing in AI to support 5G networks?
Table of contents
Recommendations for communications service providers
Recommendations for vendors
The reality that comes with 5G
5G comes with benefits, but challenges as well
How AI can support CSPs’ 5G networks
Data: 5G’s double-edged sword
AI use cases to support 5G networks
Key factors to consider when preparing to use AI in 5G network
A CSPs AI implementation strategy for 5G must align with its 5G deployment strategy
Build a clear data strategy for 5G
Emphasize the need for APIs
Have the right skills in place
Transparency in AI