RCS has undergone numerous incarnations but until now has always failed to deliver on its promise. In 2018, however, momentum is finally behind RCS, and it stands a chance of success. This report details Ovum’s view of the future of RCS.
- RCS gives telcos a way to fight back against the OTT chat apps.
Features and Benefits
- Learn key success factors for RCS for both telcos and messaging aggregators.
- Evaluates the need for RCS.
Key questions answered
- Why should telcos consider an RCS deployment?
- How can telcos use RCS to preserve A2P revenues?
Table of contents
Telcos need to act to protect their declining SMS revenues
OTT chat apps are still on the rise
RCS is the operators’ answer to SMS – and it is gaining momentum
RCS offers two significant benefits to telcos
RCS has several issues yet to be resolved
Possible revenue models for RCS
Recommendations for operators
Recommendations for messaging aggregators