Combined, America Movil and Telefónica dominate Latin America's mobile market. Out of 690 million subscriptions, nearly 425 million were held by the two telecoms giants as of end-4Q17.
- Twenty-nine percent of all mobile subscriptions in Latin America are 4G, of which 75% are with either America Movil or Telefónica.
- Compared with America Movil, Telefónica has a higher proportion of its subscribers on 4G. Telefonica has around 97.5 million LTE subscriptions, while America Movil has a little less than 54 million.
Features and Benefits
- Provides a comparative analysis of America Movil's and Telefónica's combined dominance of the Latin American mobile market.
- Analyzes the major financial KPIs of Telefónica and America Movil for 4Q17.
Key questions answered
- How do America Movil and Telefónica compare against each other in their combined dominance of the Latin American mobile market?
- Which operator is in a better position to succeed in the long run?
Table of contents
Status by market
América Móvil leads in overall subscriptions, while Telefónica has the upper hand in LTE
América Móvil struggles to post positive results, while Movistar reports 378% increase in net profit
América Móvil has more total subscriptions, but Telefónica leads the way in LTE
Telefónica has the edge in IoT initiatives