Spanish digital service provider (DSP) Telefonica is offering companies operating Internet of Things (IoT) networks a means of securing the devices based on the SIM cards they use for mobile connectivity.
- Since 2011, Telefonica has offered a managed connectivity service specifically for the IoT, and has recently added a feature to enable a secure connection not only to a customer’s own infrastructure, but also to applications held in a public cloud such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud.
Features and Benefits
- Describes how Telefonica aims to provide secure distribution of SSL certificates to IoT devices.
- Explains the importance of a unique certificate on every device.
Key questions answered
- What are the advantages of using the SIM card as a secure enclave?
- What sectors are the Telefonica service appropriate for?
Table of contents
The IoT requires edge, core, and data security
Telefonica addresses device-to-public-cloud security
The service delivers a unique certificate to every IoT device
There are advantages to using a SIM in this way
Telefonica is monetizing IoT security