Telefónica reported strong 3Q18 results despite the impact on revenue of the depreciation of currencies in Latin America – specifically the Brazilian real and Argentinian peso – relative to the euro, as well as negative regulatory factors.
- Telefónica has been focusing on a high-value growth strategy under which it plans to increase its share of postpaid mobile, LTE, fiber, and pay TV subscriptions.
- Telefónica remains positive about 2018, upgrading its guidance on revenue growth to 2%, from 1% previously.
Features and Benefits
- Analyzes Telefónica's financial performance in 3Q18.
- Provides an overview of Telefónica's growth strategy.
Key questions answered
- What factors have affected Telefónica's performance in 3Q18?
- What impact did foreign exchange movements have on Telefónica's overall performance?
Table of contents
Hopeful despite drop in revenue
Growth strategy focusing on high-value customers
Considering divestment in Mexico and Central America to reduce debt