An update on Telecom Italia's operations, covering financial performance, market dynamics, key developments, and strategy, as well as the operator's latest product and service launches.
- Telecom Italia's domestic revenue increased by 0.3% in 1H18 year-on-year, driven by the development of both the mobile and fixed broadband customer bases and ARPU. Domestic revenue grew 2.3% year-on-year in 2017, confirming the progressive recovery begun in 2016.
- Telecom Italia assigned around €9bn to be invested in its domestic market for the years 2018–20; it has devoted over 50% of it for development of the infrastructure and innovation.
- From July 2017, TIM started to offer 700Mbps download speeds, the speeds were offered in 12 cities by 2Q18. TIM Brazil launched LTE-A in June 2016 using 700MHz band, covered 1,131 cities by 2Q18.
Features and Benefits
- Assesses TIM's current market position and strategy for improvement.
- Analyzes TIM's performance, recent developments in the market, and the operator's strategic initiatives.
- Benchmarks TIM's financial performance against other major operators worldwide.
Key questions answered
- How has the company performed in recent quarters?
- What were some of the key product launches of the last six months?
- What is TIM's strategy?
Table of contents
Download 1: Telecom Italia Update, September 2018