This is an update of Taiwan’s telecoms market, covering fixed broadband and mobile market trends and regulation. It includes service provider performance, multiplay services and bundling, MVNOs, and a TV/OTT video market outlook.
- Mobile market revenue fell 12.1% compared to 2017, though mobile subscriptions grew slightly, by 1.0%, in the same period. Following the closing of 3G services in December 2018, Taiwan has become a 4G-only market. Mobile ARPU declined by 12.0% due to the increasingly mature and highly competitive nature of the market.
- The broadband market saw a modest growth of 0.9% in subscriptions and 1.62% in revenue during 2018, a continuation of its slow growth as operators struggle to attract more subscribers. FTTH\B has been the dominant technology in Taiwan’s fixed broadband market for several years.
Features and Benefits
- Compares the developments of key telcos.
- Assesses the key technology deployments in the market.
Key questions answered
- What were the key changes in the Taiwan telecoms market last year?
- What will drive growth in the near future?
- How have operators been evolving to gain market share?
Table of contents
Download 1: Taiwan: Mobile, Broadband, TV, and OTT Video Report