French media company Vivendi and electronics giant Sony Corp. have reported financial details for their respective music subsidiaries, UMG and SME.
- Recorded-music income benefited from the continued growth in streaming and subscriptions and more than offset the drop in revenue from physical formats.
Features and Benefits
- Details the latest financial results for UMG and SME.
- Assesses revenue by source for both companies and examines how currency exchange rates have affected the results.
Key questions answered
- What share of recorded-music revenue for UMG comes from streaming?
- Why is Sony forecasting a fall in sales for the current financial year?
Table of contents
Streaming gains maintains UMG's upward growth curve
Streaming and subscriptions the main revenue provider
Mixed start to the new financial year for SME
Positive quarter for music publishing