Music streaming service Spotify has started 2019 as it finished 2018: with a rise in revenue, paying subscribers, and users. The only difference is that the company recorded a loss in the first quarter, after two straight quarters of profit.
- The number of paying subscriptions reached 100 million, and the number of monthly active users ended March at 217 million.
Features and Benefits
- Details the financial results published by music streaming service Spotify for the first three months of this year.
- Examines revenue details as well as the different operating metrics, such as premium subscribers, user numbers, and ARPU.
Key questions answered
- How many users and premium subscribers did Spotify have at the end of March?
- How many users and premium subscribers is Spotify expecting to end this year with?
Table of contents
Positive start to the year for Spotify
New milestone for paying subscribers
Europe and North America concede share to emerging markets