This is an update on the South Korean telecoms market, covering fixed broadband and mobile market trends and regulations. It includes service provider performance, multiplay services and bundling, and a TV and OTT video market outlook.
- South Korea is a market with a relatively stable structure consisting of three big operators: SK Telecom, KT, and LG U+. Mobile subscriptions are forecast to grow 7.2% between end-2018 and end-2023, while fixed broadband and pay-TV subscriptions are forecast to grow 8.8% and 3.2%, respectively.
- The operators continue to expand 5G network coverage across the country, targeting 5G services in all major cities and the surrounding areas while also focusing on improving indoor coverage.
- An upgrade of fixed broadband service speeds is in progress.
Features and Benefits
- Analyzes service provider KPIs.
- Identifies key developments across telecoms, TV, and OTT video.
- Learn about 5G development in South Korea.
Key questions answered
- What is the progress and goal of 5G network coverage in South Korea?
- What is South Korea's strategy in developing IPTV and OTT businesses?
- Which speed of product is the latest one in the fixed internet segment?
Table of contents
Download 1: South Korea: Mobile, Broadband, TV, and OTT Video Report