South Africa is the Africa’s biggest music market. Consumer spending on recorded music and live performance as well as royalty collections are significantly higher in the country than in any other market in the region.
- Despite its geographic location, South Africa more closely resembles a Western music market and has far more in common with many countries in Europe and North America than it does with its neighbors.
Features and Benefits
- Details all aspects of the South African music industry.
- Assesses recorded-music sales, the digital retail sector, the live music sector, and royalty collections.
Key questions answered
- Which of the major record companies held the biggest market share in 2017?
- What will the value of live music ticket sales be in 2022?
Table of contents
Contrasting fortunes for physical and digital trade sales
Apple the digital leader, for now
Assessing South Africa's digital music opportunity
Rights administration and royalty collections
Measuring the South African live music sector