This report examines Ovum's smart home forecast for devices and discusses major trends affecting the smart home market.
- The total number of smart home households will reach nearly half a billion by 2022. This corresponds to 42% of fixed broadband households and 22.5% of total households.
- Security will continue to lead the market with nearly 1 billion unit sales in 2022, representing 64% of total smart home device sales.
- While we are expecting significant growth in terms of unit sales, revenue growth will be offset by strong declines in prices.
Features and Benefits
- Evaluates consumer demand for smart home products
- Sizes the market for smart utilities, smart security devices, smart speakers and smart appliances
- Identifies drivers and inhibitors for various smart home product categories
Key questions answered
- What is the size of the smart home market by vertical and by country?
- What is the market demand for smart speakers by price band?
- How many smart security cameras will be installed by 2022?
Table of contents
Download 1: Smart Home Devices Forecast Report: 2017–22