This forecast projects unit sales, installed base, and number of households for smart home services for the 2017–22 period. Forecasts are provided for major regional and national markets.
- Ovum expects the number of smart home households to grow 280% to 471 million households by 2022.
- 1.5 billion smart home devices will be sold in 2022, up from 416 million in 2017.
Features and Benefits
- Sizes the smart home market in terms of device volume and services adoption.
- Evaluates overall smart home revenues from devices and services.
- Compares device sales across utilities, security, appliances, and smart speaker segments.
Key questions answered
- What is the size of the smart home market by country?
- How many premium smart speakers will be sold in 2022?
- What will be the total spend in security services and devices for consumers by 2022?
Table of contents
Download 1: Smart Home Devices and Services Forecast: 2017–22