Over the last few years, the city of Las Vegas has been focusing on improving the lifestyle and experience of its 630,000 residents and even larger number of visitors, embarking on a number of initiatives to improve city services through safe, reliable, and efficient civic technology.
- Las Vegas has established the Innovation District, which acts as a testing ground for breakthrough technology, including alternative energy, autonomous vehicles, and smart mobility solutions.
- Las Vegas has partnered with T-Mobile for NB-IoT, tapping into the advantages of LPWA wireless technology, which is well suited for IoT. The city is also collaborating with companies such as Hitachi and IoT startups such as Motionloft and Numina to improve public services.
Features and Benefits
- Provides a detailed overview of various smart-city programs under way in Las Vegas.
- Provides a SWOT analysis of Las Vegas' smart city initiatives.
Key questions answered
- What are the main projects of Las Vegas's smart-city initiative?
- With which partners is Las Vegas collaborating on smart-city projects?
Table of contents
Download 1: Smart Cities: Las Vegas focuses initiatives on improving city services