Quantum key distribution (QKD) is not yet well known but this will change. Driven by quantum computing, QKD provides the ability to protect encrypted information being collected today from being decrypted tomorrow. .
- As a technology QKD has its limitations – distance being the most significant – but advances are regularly made and Ovum expects QKD to move from a nascent market to early adopter in the not-too-distant future.
Features and Benefits
- Understand the potential impact of quantum computing on current encryption capabilities.
- Learn how QKD can protect today's valuable information.
Key questions answered
- If quantum computing isn't yet a reality, why is QKD needed?
- What impact could Q-day have on today's encryption?
Table of contents
What is QKD and why does it matter?
The reality of Q-day will drive QKD adoption
Get quantum computing on your risk register