Japanese authors' society JASRAC has reported a return to growth in royalty collections for the 12 months to end-March 2019, after a small decrease in the previous financial year.
- Despite a fall in CD sales in Japan, mechanical revenue reversed the previous year's decline and increased on the back of strong video sales.
Features and Benefits
- Details the most recent collection and distribution figures published by Japanese authors' society JASRAC.
- Examines collections and distributions by source and analyzes changes in the different revenue streams.
Key questions answered
- What is the biggest revenue source for Japanese authors and publishers?
- What share of total revenue for JASRAC came from digital sources in the 12 months to end March?
Table of contents
Positive year for royalty collections in Japan
Mixed results for performance rights
Subscriptions boost digital collections