French media company Vivendi and Japanese electronics giant Sony Corp. have reported financial details for their respective music subsidiaries, UMG and SME. In line with previous results statements, both companies experienced growth in revenue from streaming.
- Although streaming sales for SME increased in the final quarter of the company's 2018 financial year, a big drop in revenue from physical formats and the continued decrease in download sales meant total recorded-music income was down.
Features and Benefits
- Examines the latest financial results for major music companies UMG and SME
- Assesses revenue by source for the two companies: UMG for the first quarter of its 2019 financial year and SME for the final quarter and full-year 2018.
Key questions answered
- What share of recorded-music revenue for UMG and SME came from streaming in the first three months of 2019?
- How did both companies' recorded-music and music-publishing sectors fare in 1Q19?
Table of contents
Strong start to the year for UMG
Mixed quarter and full year for SME