This update on the Philippines' telecoms market covers fixed broadband and mobile market trends and regulation. It includes service provider performance, multiplay services and bundling, MVNOs, and a TV/video market outlook.
- The mobile market is currently dominated by the duopoly of Globe and PLDT (PLDT operates its mobile business under the brand Smart). A third telco, "Dito Telecommunity," backed by China Telecom, is expected to launch commercial services by mid-2020.
- The fixed segment, which is also dominated by Globe and PLDT, has experienced a trend away from xDSL since Globe deployed massive MIMO LTE in 2017.
- LTE market share reached 22.9% in the country at the end-2018, and the majority of subscriptions remain on 3G networks. At end-2024, Ovum expects LTE to account for 36.4% of subscriptions and 5G for 18.2%.
Features and Benefits
- Analyzes the current mobile and fixed offerings from telco operators and the current market scenario.
- Identifies the key players in the Philippines' mobile, broadband, TV, and OTT video markets.
Key questions answered
- What are the current growth drivers for major telco players, and how they are planning to capture the market in future?
- What are the forecast growth trajectories?
- What are the regulatory trends in the Philippines?
Table of contents
Download 1: Philippines: Mobile, Broadband, TV, and OTT Video Report