Ovum's TV data and forecasts for the Western Europe region include a full update of detailed metrics for cable, DTH, IPTV, and terrestrial for the period 2005 to 2023. This forecast also includes revenue, ARPU, premium UHD/4K, and operator forecasts and analog switch-off indicators for 17 countries. This update has been substantially enhanced to include data at both the primary and subscription level.
- By the end of 2023, the Western Europe region will have highly advanced TV infrastructure in place, with almost 100% of TV homes having a digital TV service and a total digital TV penetration of 132%.
Features and Benefits
- Gain detailed data and forecasts showing how penetration patterns are changing across all TV technologies in 17 key Western European countries.
- Assess how traditional pay-TV services are faring against intense competition from OTT video giants such as Netflix and Amazon Prime.
Key questions answered
- Will pay-TV ARPU be able to continue to grow over the next five years, as TV market competition intensifies?
- What are the prospects for growth among Western Europe's leading pay-TV operators such as Telefonica, Sky, Canal Digital, and Orange TV?
Table of contents
Download 1: Western Europe: Pay-TV & FTA Forecasts to 2023