Our selection for innovation of the month in March is Telenor Norway’s Smart Retail pilot service, which uses highly location-accurate beacons to increase customer engagement with shops, as well as to optimize processes for retailers.
- With Smart Retail, Telenor has effectively positioned itself to leverage its core telco competencies to move into areas that new technologies enable.
Features and Benefits
- Identifies the most innovative service launched in March 2018.
- Identifies the need for such a service in its home and comparable markets.
Key questions answered
- What was the most innovative service launched in March 2018?
- What are the key learnings from this innovation?
- How is it useful to its market?
- How is it useful to other markets?
Table of contents
Telenor shows how telcos can add value to retailers
Next steps: Drive usage first, then think about monetization