The OTT Messaging Forecast: 2020–24 forecasts registered users, monthly active users (MAUs), and traffic (text, picture, video) across mobile and fixed. These global forecasts cover 67 countries in eight regions.
- Omdia expects COVID-19-related travel and social restrictions to drive significant growth in OTT messaging application traffic in 2020. Global total mobile messaging traffic will increase 49% year-on-year, to 94.9 trillion messages, from 82.7 trillion messages in 2019.
- Omdia forecasts that total annual mobile OTT messaging traffic will more than double between 2019–24, increasing from 55.5 trillion messages in 2019 to 126.1 trillion messages in 2024.
- Omdia forecasts that unique global mobile monthly active users (MMAUs) will increase from 4.09 billion in 2019 to 5.49 billion by 2024.
Features and Benefits
- These forecasts identify which countries and regions are the largest markets for OTT messaging users and traffic.
- The forecasts will enable clients to compare the growth rate of OTT messaging users and traffic across different regions and markets.
Key questions answered
- What impact will the COVID-19 pandemic have on OTT messaging traffic growth in 2020?
- Which country has the most mobile monthly active users of OTT messaging?
- Which country is generating the highest amount of OTT messaging traffic, across mobile and fixed?
- How do OTT messaging traffic growth rates compare across regions and markets?
Table of contents
Download 1: OTT Messaging Forecast: 2019–24