It is tough days for telecoms service providers as the unvarnished truth is that network services pricing is in an accelerating downward spiral. Attempts to diversify and break out of the network straitjacket must accelerate. For many, the networks will be the conveyor belt to deliver additional digital-like services. While this remains a telco's core competitive strength, Ovum believes this is a short-term fix and will not resolve the long-term decline in core network services.
- Those three themes were highlighted throughout the 2018 Optus analyst summit and, if executed well, will deliver long-term sustainable growth to Optus.
- Three ideas that consistently underpin the themes are "helping our customers' customers," "data-driven insights," and being a "digital enabler." Below are some of the highlights from the event.
Features and Benefits
- Analyzes Optus's progress in its transformation to a digital service provider.
- Evaluates the skills and capabilities needed for telcos to move up the value chain to become digital service providers.
Key questions answered
- What are areas of focus for Optus as it moves up the value chain to become a digital service provider?
- What are the challenges Optus will face as it transforms, and what are the additional investments required?
Table of contents
Focusing on data-driven insights
Focusing on the customer's customer: The B2B2C model
Focusing on being the digital enabler for enterprises