This research note is the first of two published by Ovum covering major radio access network themes emerging from Mobile World Congress 2018.
- While 5G radio technology is maturing quickly, the business case for how operators will make long-term money from 5G needs substantial development.
- Open RAN and virtual RAN could pave the way for new market entrants.
Features and Benefits
- Gain insight into some of the major MWC 2018 RAN announcements.
- Learn how vendors are progressing when it comes to supporting early commercial 5G launches.
Key questions answered
- Are operators comfortable with 5G business models?
- How might open and virtual RAN impact the market?
Table of contents
Overall, vendors are showing a rapidly maturing 5G portfolio
Next step is making money from actual use cases
vRAN, X-RAN, ORAN make big base station noise