This is the first roundup of music statistics analysis for April.
- Global recorded-music trade earnings increased 8.1% last year, to $17.3bn, from $16.0bn in 2016, according to figures published by the IFPI.
Features and Benefits
- Rounds up the latest music industry figures published in the last two weeks.
- Covers global music sales figures, ASCAP and KODA collections, and Australia and UK trade sales.
Key questions answered
- By how much did global trade revenue rise in 2017?
- What share of global trade sales is generated by streaming?
Table of contents
Global sales, ASCAP, Kobalt, Australia and UK trade sales, KODA, US audio brand awareness
IFPI reports big rise in recorded-music trade sales
ASCAP distributions top $1bn for the first time
Sharp rise in Kobalt revenue
Third year of growth for Australian recorded-music trade sales
Fastest rise in UK trade sales for more than 20 years
Streaming and TV gains boost KODA collections
Pandora tops audio brand awareness in the US