Ovum's Mobile Subscription and Revenue Forecast: 2019–24 includes a 5G forecast, M2M forecast, and a mobile revenue forecast.
- Ovum forecasts an increase in mobile subscriptions (excluding M2M subscriptions) from 7.66 billion in 2018 to 8.85 billion in 2024 (2.4% CAGR). All the major regions are predicted to see continued mobile subscription growth throughout the forecast period.
- Ovum forecasts an increase in total service revenues from $797bn in 2018 to $863bn in 2024 (1.6% CAGR), using average 2Q19 exchange rates as the basis for forecasting in US dollars. Compared to Ovum's previous mobile revenue forecast, this forecast represents a lower five-year forward expected growth (1% vs. 1.8%, 2018–23 CAGR).
Features and Benefits
- Benchmark mobile subscription and revenue metrics across 67 markets and eight regions from 2016–24.
- Assess the impact of 5G and M2M on mobile industry metrics.
Key questions answered
- How will mobile subscriptions and revenues perform over the next five years?
- How will 5G and M2M affect the mobile market in the next five years?
Table of contents
Download 1: Mobile Subscription and Revenue Forecast: 2019–24