This report provides an insight into regulatory measures introduced in EU member states to encourage the deployment of mobile services in underserved and rural areas.
- A number of NRAs have attached coverage obligations to spectrum licenses to promote the availability of mobile services in underserved areas. Network sharing has been introduced by some regulators to deliver cost savings and facilitate mobile connectivity in rural areas, where little income is expected.
Features and Benefits
- Identifies challenges faced by operators in delivering mobile coverage to nonprofitable areas.
- Assesses solutions for improving coverage in nonprofitable areas.
Key questions answered
- What are the challenges faced by operators when delivering mobile coverage to rural areas?
- What are the regulatory measures implemented by regulators to encourage mobile coverage in rural areas?
Table of contents
Download 1: Mobile Coverage Requirements in Underserved Areas in the EU