This spreadsheet forecasts the installed base of augmented reality (AR) in mobile devices, broken down by platform (Google's ARCore or Apple's ARKit) for major regional and national markets.
- Apple's early inclusion of ARKit on all its new smartphones will drive a quick uptake, with an addressable market of over 600 million expected by the end of 2018.
- AR uptake on Android will be much slower due to the later roll out of ARCore and also Android's elongated software update process.
Features and Benefits
- Evaluates the addressable market for augmented reality applications across 67 different national markets.
- Compares the different uptake patterns across the main mobile platforms.
Key questions answered
- Which markets will be most important for augmented reality?
- How long will it take augmented reality to fully penetrate the Android installed base?
Table of contents
Download 1: Mobile AR Forecast: 2017–22