The in-car entertainment space has not developed in the way that automakers, who have invested heavily in sophisticated infotainment systems, had hoped.
- Automakers' proprietary platforms have now pretty much lost out to mobile-based solutions, such as Apple CarPlay and Google’s Android Auto, which provide a simple and smooth transition to the vehicle and enable users to easily take their music with them.
Features and Benefits
- Details the latest happenings in the in-car entertainment sector.
- Explains why auto manufacturers own systems are losing out to Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
Key questions answered
- Why are auto manufacturers' own in-car entertainment systems losing out to the likes of Apple CarPlay and Android Auto?
- How is Amazon planning to carve out a space in the in-car entertainment sector?
Table of contents
Automakers admit defeat in battle for in-car entertainment
Amazon set to challenge with Echo Auto
Too early to write off radio