Microsoft has just acquired Citus Data, an open source PostgreSQL database provider, to differentiate an existing Azure offering: Azure Database for PostgreSQL.
- Citus Data will differentiate the Azure PostgreSQL database service.
- Microsoft is upping its commitment to open source.
Features and Benefits
- Analyzes why Microsoft bought Citus Data.
- Analyzes what the Citus Data acquisition means for Microsoft's open source strategy.
Key questions answered
- Why did Microsoft buy Citus Data?
- How is Microsoft supporting and investing in open source, and what does it mean for the Azure cloud platform?
Table of contents
Citus Data will differentiate Azure PostgreSQL database service
Putting skin into open source
How far will Microsoft take open source?