China and the US are massive markets that influence the global TMT industry with the substantial investments and leading developments they make in new technologies. This report focuses on 5G and AI.
- China and the US approach developing new technologies differently from one another, with one main difference being how much the government is involved in development.
- AT&T and Verizon were quick to launch 5G in the US without a very developed service or coverage area, while before launching 5G all Chinese operators have all released their development plans for scaled 5G commercialization.
- Operators use AI mainly for customer service and network optimization applications today, but in the future they will use AI even more.
Features and Benefits
- Compare the Chinese and US markets on key KPIs and understand the impact these two mega-markets have on these KPIs globally.
- Learn about Chinese and US 5G and AI developments.
- Learn about the global five-year subscription forecast for 5G, as well as China's and the US’s proportion of the global market during this period.
Key questions answered
- Which approaches are China and the US taking toward 5G and AI development?
- How will the two mega-markets affect the global industry?
- What can global operators learn from China’s and US’s early 5G leaders?
- What is the suggested AI strategy for operators in the 5G era?
Table of contents
China and the US are global market leaders
US and China take different approaches to 5G in the race to lead the new technology
Both US and China are doing much to develop AI
China and the US set valuable examples for the global TMT industry
5G is a key enabler for operators' future growth