Ovum expects wireline broadband access equipment revenue to remain strong through end-2018 as network upgrades continue, with a continued focus on PON and next-gen deployments, Gfast deployments and DSL upgrades, and next-generation cable upgrades.
- 10G-EPON continued to dominate next-gen PON shipments in 3Q18.
- Global Gfast shipments picked up in 3Q18.
- The CMTS + CCAP market continues to be driven by DOCSIS 3.1 upgrades across the globe.
Features and Benefits
- Analyzes wireline broadband access equipment vendors' 3Q18 results compared to the previous quarter and YoY.
- Assesses market share for vendors by equipment type and region.
- Examines unit shipments and revenues.
Key questions answered
- How did the FTTx PON market perform in 3Q18?
- How did the xDSL + Gfast market perform in 3Q18? Have Gfast shipments increased?
- How did the CMTS + CCAP market perform in 3Q18?
- What is the status of DOCSIS 3.1 upgrades?
- Which next-gen PON technologies are shipping?
Table of contents
Sequential revenue increases across all segments, PON and CMTS/CCAP grow YoY
Rolling 4Q results
Analysis of 3Q18 revenue
Market share changes
Nokia had a strong quarter
FTTx PON results and market share changes
PON equipment market experienced both sequential and YoY growth
FTTx PON market share and changes
3Q18 FTTx PON product revenue
3Q18 FTTx PON shipments
DSL + Gfast results and market share changes
3Q18 DSL + Gfast segment revenue saw sequential growth, but YoY declines
DSL + Gfast market share and changes
CMTS + CCAP results and market share changes
3Q18 CMTS + CCAP revenue grew both sequentially and YoY
CMTS + CCAP market share and changes