Global wireline broadband access equipment revenues for 1Q19 were $2.1bn, representing a 4% decline sequentially and a 6% decline year over year.
- 10G PON upgrades continue across the globe.
- EMEA was a bright spot for the PON market in 1Q19.
- CMTS/CCAP vendors had a tough start to 2019.
Features and Benefits
- Summarizes 1Q19 market share for wireline access equipment vendor revenues and units.
- Evaluates the uptake in next-gen PON equipment shipments.
- Assesses the state of the xDSL/Gfast market.
- The overall CMTS/CCAP equipment market and its vendors are reviewed.
Key questions answered
- What is the state of the wireline access equipment market? Which segments grew?
- Are XGS-PON shipments ramping?
- Did Gfast equipment shipments offset the decline in ADSL, VDSL, and SHDSL equipment?
- Which vendors gained share in CMTS/CCAP equipment shipments?
- Will the CMTS/CCAP market improve during the rest of 2019?
Table of contents
All segments mostly down; PON saw slight growth YoY
Rolling 4Q results
Analysis of 1Q19 revenue
Market share changes
Huawei, Nokia, and ZTE remained market share leaders
FTTx PON results and market share changes
PON equipment market revenue slightly down sequentially, keeps afloat year on year
FTTx PON market share and changes
FTTx PON product revenue in 1Q19
FTTx PON shipments in 1Q19
DSL + Gfast results and market share changes
DSL + Gfast revenue in 1Q19
DSL + Gfast market share and changes
CMTS/CCAP results and market share changes
CMTS/CCAP segment starts year on tough note in 1Q19
CMTS/CCAP market share and changes