Global wireline broadband access equipment revenues for 1Q18 were $2.1bn, a decline of 3% sequentially and a 1% increase year-on-year.
- Broadband access equipment revenues will remain strong through at least 2023.
- 10G EPON OLT continued to dominate next-gen PON shipments in 1Q18.
- The CMTS + CCAP market continued to be strong in 1Q18.
Features and Benefits
- Analyzes the wireline broadband access equipment vendors' 1Q18 results compared to the previous quarter and YoY.
- Assesses market share for vendors by equipment type and region.
- Examines unit shipments and revenues.
Key questions answered
- How did the FTTx PON market perform in 1Q18? Will 2018's performance surpass that of 2017?
- How did the xDSL + Gfast market perform in 1Q18? Are Gfast shipments growing?
- How did the CMTS + CCAP market perform in 1Q18? Are DOCSIS 3.1 upgrades still happening?
Table of contents
Quarterly and YoY revenue results were mixed among segments
Rolling 4Q results
Analysis of 1Q18 revenues
Market share changes
Huawei, Nokia, and ZTE remained market share leaders
FTTx PON results and market share changes
PON equipment market revenues dipped slightly in 1Q18
FTTx PON market share and changes
1Q18 FTTx PON product revenues
1Q18 FTTx PON shipments
DSL + Gfast results and market share changes
1Q18 DSL + Gfast revenues increased 5% sequentially, but declined 20% YoY
DSL + Gfast market share and changes
CMTS + CCAP results and market share changes
1Q18 CMTS+ CCAP increased 8% sequentially and 2% YoY
CMTS + CCAP market share and changes