Wireline broadband access equipment revenues were strong again in 2017 at $8.5bn for the year.
- Next-gen broadband equipment is shipping for fiber, copper, and coax.
- NG-PON2 commercial shipments will begin in 2018.
- China will continue to play a large role in the broadband access market and drive PON shipments.
Features and Benefits
- Compares results for 2017 versus 2016 for FTTx PON, xDSL/Gfast, and CMTS/CCAP.
- Analyzes 4Q17 results versus the sequential and YoY quarters.
- Assesses market share for vendors by equipment type and region.
- Examines unit shipments and revenues.
Key questions answered
- How did the FTTx PON equipment market perform in 2017? Did it continue to increase?
- Is next-gen PON equipment shipping and if so, which type?
- Did Gfast begin to ship in 2017?
- How were DOCSIS 3.1 equipment shipments in 2017?
Table of contents
Solid 2017, fueled by continued FTTx PON growth
Market share – 2017 versus 2016
Huawei loses some share, but remains dominant
Analysis of 4Q17 revenues
FTTx PON results and market share changes
4Q17 and 2017 PON revenues were strong
FTTx PON market share and changes
4Q17 and 2017 FTTx PON equipment revenues
4Q17 and 2017 FTTx PON shipments
DSL/Gfast results and market share changes
2017 DSL/Gfast revenues remained flat versus 2016, 4Q16 saw significant decline sequential and YoY
DSL market share and changes
2017 and 4Q17 DSL/Gfast shipments
DSL product-level analysis by region
DSL shipment analysis by region, by vendor
CMTS/CCAP results and market share changes
CMTS/CCAP revenues for 2017 in line with previous year
CMTS/CCAP market share and changes
2017 and 4Q17 shipments
The outlook for 2018 is good