Fixed–mobile convergence is currently the main driver of M&A. Ovum believes that competition in Europe will further spur with operators offering bundled services using their own infrastructure, or by having a network sharing arrangement.
- Consolidation is continuing across Europe, but convergence is at the core. The second edition of Ovum’s European M&A tracker highlights that out of 139 deals in the last three years, close to 40% were centered around FMC activity.
- Operators are offloading their network assets and are entering adjacent markets.
Features and Benefits
- Identifies the reasons behind M&As, based on the European M&A tracker.
- Analyzes the completed and upcoming major M&As across Europe.
Key questions answered
- What is driving operators to merge or acquire an operator?
- Is FMC the key driver for European M&A?
Table of contents
Consolidation continues, with convergence at the core
Operators are offloading their network assets, and are entering adjacent markets