The Major Record Company Factsheets are a collection of financial and operating data published by the three major label groups: Universal Music Group, Sony Music Entertainment, and Warner Music Group.
- Total revenue for UMG at current exchange rates increased 6.2%, to €6,023m in 2018, from €5,673m in 2017. At both constant currency rates and constant rates/perimeter (constant rates), revenue was up 10%.
- Sony Corp. reported that its music division SME registered a modest dip in sales in the third quarter of its 2018 financial year but a big jump in operating income.
- Following on from a financial year boosted by almost all its main revenue streams, WMG has registered a very positive first quarter of its new financial year.
Features and Benefits
- Details financial and operating data published by the three major label groups, Universal Music Group, Sony Music Entertainment, and Warner Music Group.
- Includes financials as well as recorded-music sales by format and source.
Key questions answered
- How did all the major record companies perform in the final three months of 2018?
- What share of the three majors' total revenue comes from recorded music?
Table of contents
Download 1: Major Record Company Factsheets: 4Q18