The Major Record Company Factsheets are a collection of financial and operating data published by the three major label groups: Universal Music Group, Sony Music Entertainment, and Warner Music Group.
- Total revenue for UMG at current exchange rates increased 3.5% in 9M18, to €4,123m, from €3,985m in 9M17.
- Total sales in 2Q FY18 (July to September) edged down 1.3% at reported exchange rates, to JPY203.9bn ($1.83bn), from JPY206.6bn in 2Q FY17.
- Year-on-year revenue in 4Q FY18 (July to September) increased 13.3%, to $1,039m, from $917m in the prior-year period. At constant exchange rates, revenue grew 14.8%.
Features and Benefits
- Details financial and operating data published by the three major label groups, Universal Music Group, Sony Music Entertainment, and Warner Music Group.
- Includes financials as well as recorded-music sales by format and source.
Key questions answered
- Which of the three record companies performed best in the July to September quarter?
- Which record company had the biggest rise in streaming revenue in the quarter?
Table of contents
Download 1: Major Record Company Factsheets: 3Q18