The major record company factsheets are a collection of financial and operating data published by the three major label groups, Universal Music Group, Sony Music Entertainment and Warner Music Group. The level of data included differs for each company and is based on quarterly publications by each company and parent company.
- Revenue for UMG at current exchange rates in 1Q19 increased 22.9%, to €1,502m ($1,706m), from €1,222m in the 1Q18. At constant currency rates, total revenue was up 18.8%.
- Total sales for SME in 4Q FY18 (January to March) were up 1.7%, to JPY212.8bn ($1.93bn), from JPY206.4bn in 4Q FY17.
- Revenue for WMG has exceeded $1bn for the third quarter in a row and only the fourth time in the company's history.
Features and Benefits
- Compare the results of the three major music groups for the first quarter of this year.
- Compare the results of the companies by recorded-music and music publishing performance.
Key questions answered
- Which of the three major music groups registered the best performance in the first three months of this year?
- Which of the three music groups scored the highest rise in streaming revenue in the quarter?
Table of contents
Download 1: Major Record Company Factsheets: 1Q19