Rights management company HFA is now a defendant in the Eight Mile copyright infringement claim against music streaming service Spotify.
- Eminem's music publisher Eight Mile Style has filed an amended complaint with the US District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee Nashville Division against Spotify.
- The new filing adds the Harry Fox Agency (HFA) as a defendant, accusing the rights management provider of material contributions to the enablement of Spotify’s copyright infringement through a joint conspiracy to distribute fraudulent collection statements.
Features and Benefits
- The research note details the case brought by Eight Mile against the music streaming service Spotify.
- The note explains why HFA has been added as a defendant.
Key questions answered
- What part is HFA alleged to have played in the copyright infringement action brought against Spotify by Eight Mile?
- Why has Spotify pointed the finger of blame at Kobalt Music Publishing?
Table of contents
Claims and counterclaims in Eight Mile Spotify dispute
Recap of Eight Mile’s claims
HFA added in a filing amendment