This is an update of the Kuwait market, covering mobile, fixed broadband, TV, operator initiatives, consumer market trends, and regulation. It includes subscription and revenue forecasts for mobile and fixed broadband.
- Kuwait's telecoms market has a highly developed mobile sector with a high mobile penetration rate. Mobile broadband accounts for the majority of total broadband connections. At end-3Q18, Kuwait had 7.34 million mobile subscriptions and 148,855 fixed broadband subscriptions.
- Operators in Kuwait are gearing up for early 5G launch. Ovum expects that both Zain and Ooredoo will launch commercial 5G services in 2019.
- Pay-TV penetration is fairly limited, at 27% at end-2017, although this is expected to grow to 31% by end-2023. The increase will be boosted by additional pay DTH subscribers and a growing, though still very limited, IPTV presence.
Features and Benefits
- Assesses Kuwait's ICT market.
- Evaluates the mobile, fixed, and TV industry in Kuwait.
Key questions answered
- Who are the market leaders in the fixed and mobile markets in Kuwait?
- How will revenues grow in the next five years?
- What are the market shares of the key players?
Table of contents
Download 1: Kuwait: Mobile, Broadband, TV, and OTT Video Report