This is an update of Japan’s telecoms market, covering fixed broadband and mobile market trends and regulation. It includes service provider performance, multiplay services and bundling, MVNOs, and a TV/OTT video market outlook.
- Mobile market revenue grew steadily in 2018, up 0.25% year on year. Mobile subscription count grew 4%, and 4G has already become the most used technology. Mobile ARPU slightly declined, indicating that the mobile market is becoming mature.
- The broadband market saw healthy year-on-year growth in subscription count of 0.9% in 2018, continuing its slow growth as operators expanded network coverage. FTTH/B has been the dominant technology in Japan’s fixed broadband market for years.
Features and Benefits
- Assesses the key technology deployments in the market.
- Compares the developments of key telcos.
Key questions answered
- What will drive growth in the near future?
- What were the key changes in Japan’s telecoms market last year?
- How have operators been evolving to gain market share?
Table of contents
Download 1: Japan: Mobile, Broadband, TV, and OTT Video Report