This report discusses the opportunities presented by 5G and Wi-Fi 6 technologies in helping enterprises transform indoor wireless capabilities in meeting the demands of the modern, mobile workforce.
- The 5G sales pitch is clear: improved speeds and reduced latency can deliver many benefits. However, these benefits alone will not be enough to sell enterprises on 5G; businesses need a better understanding of the outcomes the technology can help deliver.
- Wi-Fi 6 and 5G are complementary technologies that will support different use cases. Enterprises should not view investment in these capabilities as an either/or decision. Combined, these wireless technologies will be vital in supporting mobile workstyles.
- As work becomes more mobile, and as legacy applications and ways of working are transformed around the mobile worker use-case, demands on wireless networks will increase as more work is done via mobile and away from wired corporate LAN.
Features and Benefits
- Learn about the opportunities that new indoor wireless network technologies present the workforce.
- Discusses why the value of 5G to the enterprise will hinge on reliable indoor connectivity.
- Bringing cellular connectivity indoors has always been a challenge, but is now a very important one to overcome.
- Discusses how indoor 5G services can help service providers get closer to the enterprise.
Key questions answered
- How will 5G and Wi-Fi 6 help improve the employee experience and workplace productivity?
- What are the different methods emerging helping to bring 5G indoors?
- What support do enterprises need in realizing value?
- What are the important security considerations?
Table of contents
Recommendations for service providers
Recommendations for enterprises
New wireless network technologies present many opportunities for the mobile workforce
Business networks support important workplace characteristics
Figure 1: Enterprise networks underpin the way modern work gets done
Wi-Fi 6 and 5G are complementary and important pillars of the future workplace
5G is quickly becoming a business reality
Figure 2: 5G enabled smartphones
Wi-Fi will remain important in a 5G-enabled world
The value of 5G to the enterprise will hinge on reliable indoor connectivity
Bringing cellular connectivity indoors has always been a challenge, but is now an important one to overcome
Different methods of bringing 5G indoors are emerging
Indoor 5G services will help service providers get closer to the enterprise
Advanced wireless network planning is now an important office design consideration
All this new technology sounds very exciting, but enterprises will need support in realizing the benefits
5G brings new security considerations and opportunities
Security is seen as a barrier to business 5G adoption
A more integrated and cohesive approach to security is needed
Whilst 5G is a secure technology, the new behaviors and workstyles it will encourage do present risks