This forecast provides a five-year outlook for IoT devices, connections (subscriptions), and services revenue, for the automotive vertical, for the years 2016 to 2022. Key metrics are devices (connected light passenger vehicles), subscriptions (revenue-generating connections associated with connected cars), and service revenue from six different service types.
- Breakouts are provided at service level for the following types of connected car services: Telematics platform, safety and security, Wi-Fi hotspots, premium consumer services, navigation and routing, and usage-based insurance (UBI). The forecast covers connected light passenger vehicles. A sales forecast for connected cars is also included, as is a split between embedded and aftermarket connected cars.
Features and Benefits
- Provides a five-year forecast of installed base and sales of connected light passenger vehicles, connections (subscriptions or SIMs), and associated service revenue.
- Delivers key market data for IoT market strategy and planning, for the automotive segment, including technology splits (2G, 3G, 4G, 5G) and segmentation by embedded and aftermarket connected cars.
Key questions answered
- How quickly will the connected car market grow, and which countries and regions will see the fastest take-up?
- Which cellular technologies will be most important in the connected car market and how will this change over the coming five years?
- Which types of connected car services will see the greatest traction, and how much revenue will they generate?
- How will the market split out between embedded and aftermarket connectivity?
- How many electric and autonomous light passenger vehicles will be on the road by 2022?
Table of contents
Download 1: IoT Forecast: Automotive Devices, Connections, and Service Revenue, 2017–22