India Music Industry Update, February 2020 – a detailed analysis of all the main music industry sectors.
- Tapping into what is a market ripe for exploitation has always been high on the recorded-music industry’s list of priorities and, in the last couple of years, very positive retail sales figures suggest all of the optimism for the future has been well placed.
Features and Benefits
- Details all of the main sectors of the Indian music industry.
- Evaluates Indian music industry sectors, including recorded-music sales and forecasts, music retail, live, rights collections, and copyright protection.
Key questions answered
- What share of recorded-music retail sales in India are from music streaming?
- What is the biggest revenue generator for authors and publishers in India?
Table of contents
Positive year for recorded-music sales
Intense competition for access service users
Assessing the future digital music opportunity
Copyright protection and rights administration
A major piracy market but optimism for improvement
Webcast and streaming gains boost IPRS collections
Complex live sector stymied by arena shortages
Modest festival sector